We do not accept unsolicited artworks by artists who have not submitted their work to Motion Gallery digitally. In order to qualify to show art at Motion Gallery, artists need to fill in our online submission form to get on our wait list.
Once we receive a submission form, artists receive an auto-reply email confirming the submission was received, and go onto the wait list to await further instruction.
Be aware that new artists could be waiting over a year until we can accommodate them with a space. Our wait list is in the order of first come, first serve.
What New Artists Can Expect
- A buy-in fee is required for artists to display artworks. This is NOT refundable. The fee reflects the number of days or weeks the show lasts.
- In addition, Artists are required to pay a $50 deposit to confirm their standing on the waitlist as an Active Artist, but only when requested by a gallery administrator.
- 25% commission is taken off of sales from artworks sold by Motion Gallery at the end of each month, and payments to artists are made within the first week of the next month.
- New Artists can choose to have a solo Opening Reception or attend a Group Reception with the other new artists (as long as the other artists also chose a group reception).
- Each artist is given an approximate 7ft x 7ft wall space to display artworks. For jewellery, artists are given 3 to 4 shelves in our glass cabinets. There is no criteria for sculptures or installations so it is best to discuss this with us to work something out.
- A 400 to 800 word article will be written about new artists who choose to exhibit their work for a week or longer. This article is featured on our website and used to promote an artists art show for the duration of the exhibition.
- No preference is given to any particular artists, depending on their experience or reputation, nor is the style of artwork or subject matter a concern. However, all artworks that are intended to be exhibited will be juried by a panel of judges so it is vitally important that artworks are professionally finished and ready to hang before they are accepted by Motion Gallery.
- Motion Gallery Artists automatically become a members to our society. This basically means our artists have a say, and voting rights at our Annual General Meetings which are held in June.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BECAUSE WE HAVE MOVED LOCATION, THE WAY WE RAN ART SHOWS IN EAU CLAIRE HAVE CHANGED, AND SOME OF OUR POLICIES MAY BE CHANGING TO REFLECT OUR NEW LOCATION. BARE WITH US.